Terms & Conditions
Please review and agree to the Exemplar Agreement before making a reservation (as required by the City of Savannah).
By renting the property, the renter and all guests of the renter agree to the following terms and conditions:
“Respect Thy Neighbor”
We have the privilege to offer you private vacation rental homes in the Historic District of Savannah. We thank and appreciate the local residents for allowing this to happen. Please be courteous and respectful of your neighbors.
Credit Card Authorization
The renter agrees to allow Savannah Getaways to use the credit card provided without signature for charges that occur as a result of this reservation. This agreement is in effect from the time the reservation is booked until 60 days after the checkout date. Any charges that come in after the checkout date such as pay per view purchases, long distance charges, etc. that can be proved to have occurred during the reservation dates will be charged to the card on file. If the card is changed or expired, the renter will be responsible for providing an alternate card for payment. This would also apply to any additional charges that may result from damages, excessive cleaning or other conditions as outlined in the terms below.
The renter and all guests of the renter agree that Savannah Getaway’s owners, employees and family members cannot be held in suit of and are in no way responsible for: - Any injuries or offenses that occur on or near the rental property. - Any lost, stolen or damaged personal belongings. - Any disruption to the stay caused by “Acts of God”, weather conditions, airport closures, strikes, civil disturbances or similar events beyond our control.
- A refundable security deposit and a non-refundable processing fee are required at the time of booking for every reservation. Deposit and processing fee can vary depending upon the property and dates booked.
- Rental payments are due 20 days prior to the check in date. If booking inside of 20 days prior to the check in date, full payment of deposits, charges and fees are required at the time of booking.
- For any rental periods that are 21 days or longer, rental payments are required 45 days prior to the check in date.
- Accepted forms of payment include credit cards, check by phone or mail in payments. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. A non-refundable convenience fee will be collected on all credit card rental payments. Accepted mail in payments includes personal check, bank check or money order. Check by phone and personal checks are not accepted inside of 7 days prior to the check in date.
- A $50 fee will be accessed for any returned checks plus the cost of collection.
This Time Has Been Reserved For You
- Please note that there is no refund for partial stays, early checkouts or late arrivals.
Rentals under 21 days in length:
- 1-2 bedroom properties: 30 days’ notice prior to arrival date.
- 3-4 bedroom properties: 45 days’ notice prior to arrival date.
- 5+ bedroom properties: 60 days’ notice prior to arrival date.
- All cancellations will incur a minimum $100 cancellation fee from the security deposit.
- Any cancellations inside of the required notice period may result in the loss of the entire security deposit.
- Any cancellations inside of 10 days prior to the check in date will result in the loss of 50 % of the rental payment plus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Any cancellations inside of 5 days prior to the check in date will result in the loss of 100 % of the rental payment plus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Prior to five days to the check in date, the renter may avoid cancellation fees and penalties by rescheduling the stay within a six month period from the original reservation date (this does not apply for rentals over 21 days in length). The stay must be for the same property, same duration and the rental rate will remain the same unless the new time period booked requires a higher rate.
Rentals over 21 days in length require 45 days’ notice prior to the arrival date:
- Any cancellations will result in the minimum loss of 50% of the security deposit.
- Any cancellations inside of the required notice period will result in the full loss of the security deposit.
- Any cancellation inside of 45 days prior to the arrival date will result in the loss of 50% of the rental rate plus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Any cancellation inside of 30 days prior to the arrival date will result in the loss of 100% of the rental rate plus a $200 cancellation fee.
St. Patrick’s & Rock & Roll Marathon Weekend:
- Due to the popularity of these time periods, there is a “NO CANCELLATION” policy in effect. Any cancellation will result in the full loss of any monies paid. Please note that the above penalties are in addition to any non-refundable fees that were applied to the making or paying of the reservation.
The following conditions must be met in order to receive a full return of your security deposit:
- No damages to the property or to any of its contents.
- Linens and towels must be found in washable condition. Any un-washable stains or excessive use may require replacement at the renter’s expense.
- All furniture is to be found in its original positions.
- All trash is to be discarded in trash containers in or outside the property.
- All dirty dishes are to be placed inside the dishwasher. - Any spills or general messes are to be cleaned up.
- Any conditions involving bodily fluids, vomit, waste, etc. will be considered excessive cleaning and may result in the full loss of the security deposit.
- Smoking and smoking debris are not permitted inside the property. Any signs of smoking inside the property will result in the full costs involved with the removal and repair of any smells or damage done. All smoking remains such as butts, ashes, etc. must be disposed of in trash receptacles outside of the property.
- Pets are only allowed in particular properties and must have owner approval. A non-refundable pet fee (may vary depending upon the size and number of pets) is required. Pets are not allowed on any of the furnishings and must be cleaned up after. Excessive shedding, bathroom accidents, etc. must be completely cleaned up after inside and outside the property. The City of Savannah will also require the cleanup of your pet while in public areas. Please note, that any expenses or penalties that go above the security deposit will be charged to the credit card on file for the reservation.
Partying and Noise Complaints
We truly hope that you enjoy your time in Savannah. With this in mind, please remember to be respectful of your neighbors with concerns to behavior and noise. - No loud partying or disruptive behavior allowed at the property. - No outdoor gatherings at the property are allowed after 10 pm. - Any noise or partying complaints may result in the police being called and or ejection from the property with no refund of any monies paid.
- Upon check in, if you find any damage or maintenance issues please notify us immediately.
- If you experience any issues during your stay that you feel are worthy of attention please contact us so that we may attempt to deal with the matter.
- Please note that we cannot address any issues to your satisfaction if we are notified after the stay.
Savannah Getaways and the property owner are in no way responsible for any parking tickets, fees or fines that you may incur during your stay. It is the renter’s sole responsibility to abide by all parking procedures and regulations that are enforced by the City of Savannah.
Savannah Getaways and emergency contacts are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 9 pm EST and Saturdays and Sundays from 1 pm and 8 pm EST. Please keep this in mind when planning for your arrival time to your rental property. Assistance may not be available after office hours to deal with entry issues, property issues, etc. If you experience any issues after office hours please call in and leave us a message or email to let us know and we will get back with you as soon as possible.
Early Check In / Late Checkouts
- Average checks in times are 3:30 pm or any time after. Average checkout times are by 11 am. Additional preparation time may be required on days where there are check ins and outs on the same day.
- Any early check in or late checkout requests must be approved by Savannah Getaways.
- Violations of these times will result in a minimum $50 fine and may result in the full cost of an additional day’s stay.
- Housekeeping staffs are on a tight schedule and in a lot of cases are turning multiple properties in the same day. Please be respectful and allow the time needed to provide a quality cleaning.
Approved # of Guests
- There are limits to the number of people allowed per property. All guests must be approved by Savannah Getaways prior to the arrival date. Any violation of this may result in the termination of the rental with no refund.
- Gatherings and events are not allowed in these properties. These properties are for lodging uses only.
If The Property Becomes Unavailable
If for any reason, the property you rented becomes unavailable (such as being sold, damaged, etc.), Savannah Getaways will be glad to assist you with booking another property of equal value or upgrade when available, or offer you a full refund of any monies paid to Savannah Getaways. Neither the owners / employees of Savannah Getaways, nor the property owner are liable for any other expenses involved surrounding this reservation.
Items Left at the Property
- Savannah Getaways’ owners, employees, property owners, housekeepers, etc. are not responsible for left items at the property.
- A minimum $25 charge plus the shipping cost will be required for returning any left items.
Response calls to customer lockouts may be subject to a charge depending upon the specific circumstances, time of day and the type of response required.
Any guests requiring special needs such as specific types of pillows, bedding, humidifiers, etc. will need to bring their own items into the property. Savannah Getaways owners’ and employees are not responsible for any allergy related issues that may occur as a result of your stay. Any complaints or early checkouts as a result of an allergy issue will not be eligible for a refund. Please keep this mind when considering your lodging needs in these Historic homes as they may not be suitable for someone who suffers from allergies. We do want you to enjoy your stay with us and certainly not experience any discomforts.
Self-Catering Accommodations - basic amenities are provided at the property as a courtesy to help make your stay more enjoyable. Additional items are not brought in at request. It is recommended that you bring any and all personal needs such as soap, shampoo, hair dryers, food items, etc.. A starter supply of towels and linens are provided but it is not a bad idea to bring back ups depending upon the size of your party and daily routines.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.